Collletttivo values the privacy of its users. This is why collletttivo.it does not collect any personally identifiable information and does not inject browser cookies.
Collletttivo privacy notice
We aim to respect any personal information you share with us and we are committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice outlines our data processing practices and your rights regarding the ways in which your personal information is stored and used.
1. How we collect information about our users:
1.1 The user voluntarily shares information with us
For example, personal information that users give us by signing up for our email newsletter.
1.2 The information is publicly available
We may collect information from external publicly available sources (for example – depending on your social media privacy settings –, when users interact with us through platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, et cetera).
1.3 The user visits our website
2. What personal information we process:
We may collect, store and process personal information about: your name and contact details (email address, social media identity, PayPal donation details) and your work utilizing Collletttivo typefaces. In general, we may combine personal information from different sources for the purposes set out in this notice.
3. What we use your personal information for:
Your personal information, however provided to us, will be used for the purposes specified in this notice. In particular, we may use your personal information to:
- provide the user with services, products or information that were requested,
- enable the user to participate in our projects/ campaigns,
- provide further information about our work, services, activities or products,
- allow the user to make donations / support our projects,
- manage relationships with our supporters,
- analyze and improve our work, services, activities, products or information.
4. Marketing communications
We may collect and use the user’s voluntarily-provided contact details to send marketing campaigns about our work, events, services and/ or products that we consider may be of interest to you.
Only verified contact details can be target of our marketing campaigns. Any unverified contact information is automatically deleted 7 days after its creation.
Users can opt out of receiving emails from Collletttivo at any time by clicking the *Unsubscribe* link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
When using our secure online donation function, the user will be redirected to the PayPal payment service who will receive the required financial information and process the transaction. Collletttivo may receive contact information associated with the account finalizing the donation (including name and email address). Collletttivo does not receive any personal financial information on the donor.
6. How long we keep personal information:
Collletttivo may retain the user’s personal information indefinitely. However, if (i) the information is no longer required in connection to the purposes set out in this notice, (ii) Collletttivo is no longer entitled to process it or (iii) the user validly exercise their right of erasure, we will remove it from our records.
7. Lawful bases
The GDPR requires us to rely on one or more lawful bases to process your personal information. We consider the grounds listed below to be relevant:
- Where you have provided your consent for us to use your personal information in a certain way.
- Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Where there is a “legitimate interest” in us doing so.
7.1 Legitimate interests
The GDPR allows us to collect and process your personal information if it is reasonably necessary to achieve our or others’ legitimate interests (as long as that processing is fair, balanced and does not unduly impact your rights). In broad terms, our “legitimate interests” means the interests of running Collletttivo as an Open Source type foundry and pursuing our aims and ideals; for example providing information about our projects, involving you in our campaigns, processing donations, administering events and advertising our services.
When we process your personal information to achieve such legitimate interests, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, for example where use would be excessively intrusive (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
8. Sharing of personal information
Collletttivo does not share the user’s personal information to third parties.
We may need to disclose your personal information upon request to regulatory and government bodies as well as law enforcement agencies. We may also merge or partner with other organizations and, in so doing, acquire or transfer personal information but your personal information would continue to be used for the purposes set out above.
9. Security/ storage of and access to personal information
9.1 Collletttivo is committed to keeping the user’s personal information safe and secure and have enacted appropriate and proportionate security policies and technical measures to help protect it. For example, any personal information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff and stored on secure servers with features enacted to prevent unauthorized access.
9.2 Any personal information that Collletttivo collects will be stored at a destination within the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
9.3 Collletttivo uses a signed protocol to encrypt any information gathered through its website collletttivo.it. Unfortunately, no transmission over the internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure.
10. Exercising your Rights
- Right of access – you can write to us to ask for confirmation of what personal information we hold about you and to request a copy of that information. Provided we are satisfied that you are entitled to see the information requested and we have successfully confirmed your identity, we will provide you with your personal information subject to any exemptions that apply.
- Right of erasure – at your request and where you are entitled to, we will delete your personal information from our records as far as we are required to do so. In many cases we would propose to suppress further communications with you, rather than delete it.
- Right of rectification – if you believe our records of your personal information are inaccurate, you have the right to ask for those records to be updated. You can also ask us to check the personal information we hold about you if you are unsure whether it is accurate/ up to date.
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask for processing of your personal information to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to processing where we are (i) processing your personal information on the basis of the legitimate interests ground, (ii) using your personal information for direct marketing or (iii) using your information for research or statistical purposes.
- Right to data portability – to the extent required by the GDPR, where we are processing your personal information by automated means and either (i) because we have obtained your consent, or (ii) because such processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contact, you may ask us to provide your personal information to you – or another service provider – in a machine-readable format.
- Rights related to automated decision-making – you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your personal information which produces legal or similarly significant effects on you, unless such a decision (i) is necessary to enter into/ perform a contract between you and us/ another data controller; (ii) is authorized by EU or Member State law to which Green Alliance is subject (as long as that law offers you sufficient protection); or (iii) is based on your explicit consent. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing personal information requested to you.
11. Changes to the Privacy Notice
Collletttivo may update this Privacy Notice over time. This notice was last updated on 16 September 2023.
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice or about the way in which Collletttivo processes your personal information, contact us at the following email address: email@example.com